Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Research Day.

(1) Film Music: A Very Short Introduction



Kalinak, K. (2010). Film Music: A Very Short Introduction. New York: Oxford University Press.


This book was written by Kathryn Marie Kalinak. The reason why I choose this book is that this book includes a lot of information what I want to use. This book provides film music information shortly but it includes everything about film music such as history, role, reason why use, and way to use. I will find information what does film music do?, how does film music work?, Why does film music work? from this book.

(2) Film music

Larsen, P. , & Irons, J. (2007). Film Music. London: Reaktion.
This book was written by Peter Larsen. The reason why I choose this book is that this book's topic is related my topic. This book explains histoy, analyse, theory about film music. I will find information what kind of music was used on film by analyse and what timing they used music.


(3) Film Music: A Summary of the Characteristic Features of Its History, Aesthetics, Technique; and Possible Developments

London, K. , & Bensinger, E. (1936). Film Music: A Summary of the Characteristic Features of Its History, Aesthetics, Technique; and Possible Developments. London: Faber & Faber ltd.

This book was written by Kurt London. The reason why I choose this book is that this book includes some parts what I need to use on my research paper. This book explains characteristic features about film music. I want to use technique parts. What thchnique usually uses on film?


(4)

Film view (Some Dialogue, Like, Cheapens The Language Ya Know?)

Canby, V. (1979). Film view. New York Times (1923-Current File), D23.

This article(Journal) was written by Vincent Canby . The reason why I choose this article is that I felt interest about article abstract. And I found some information what I need to use on my research paper. This article is review about movie, so she did analyze a movis inside the article. I want to use her answer about these questions: "should movies talk?," "should stoundtracks sing?", because these are general questions people have.

3 comments: